Switched Off... Now Reconnected...



I have already topic overload in mind - enough to awaken me from hibernating since the last time I posted. Probably, my four-day vacation just gave me the opportunity to once again entertain multitudes of frustrating and flattering events in my life. The boredom coupled with soft blows of life paved the way for me to think intuitively again. Admittedly, I can't subdue the ironies and the very nature of life’s complexities that continuously savor my world. It’s like a shadow that conceal from the radiant sun that keeps on chasing me.

Inspite these elusive opportunities, there is an eccentric attitude in me. I noticed that there was no synergy between the brain and the hand. That I couldn’t grasp the appropriate words to even complete a simple sentence. I observed open ended phrases needing thought completion. That, the delete and backspace functions of my laptop were more utilized than the QWERTY keyboard. That there were more blank stares to my monitor than the number of strikes to each letters. Though, there were no trashed files in my recycle bin, I have mounting dilemma amidst all of this.

Honestly, I refrain from the idea that the zeal in me already started to diminish. I still don’t want to entertain the notion that this blogging was just an impulse or was more a result of accidental discovery more than a month ago. I try to wrestle the insinuation that virtual network is not my vocabulary. And, I make myself deaf to the impression that I’m just one of the wannabes out there.

At any rate, I remain optimistic. I still give myself a good reasoning beyond the long period of silence. I try to consider that the dormancy period was just part of the overhaul process ahead of a more distant travel. That it was a ground protocol and an arsenal in the battlefield where enemies are all masquerading in their own identity. I also keep stirring justifications to rekindle the passion to stay connected. I even embrace valuable insights from friends and colleagues to be rewired again.

At the end of the day, I pondered that there is no hard and fast rule in this interest. I impose the do’s and dont’s by myself. I make unwritten policies that have no equivalent repercussion on my part. It is self serving at all. My utmost priority is nurturing the welfare of no less than by me. No pressures outside. Thus, I could try to switch-off and switch on, any day and anytime.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your article is too sensible to read and it helps me to amplify my vocabulary. But there are some sentences that are too profound to comprehend. It’s like KingJames version of the bible.

Anonymous said...

That’s good.. Blog for your sake. Be motivated with whatever is going on with you but never feel compelled to write about it. If you were doing this with thoughts of being read, you might quit when there are no more recorded views. Above everything, Blogging is self-expression as well as self-indulgence. You could sound like a reporter here to your show reviews but so what? They might not understand what you were saying but is there really a need to explain? Be grateful for the reactions while it last, but keep blogging for your own pleasure. Maybe then you could learn to fully appreciate the mystery and the wonders of this corner of yours. Write (and read) more.

Anonymous said...

normal lang naman ata na minsan mablangko ka. and ang blog for eh parang diary lang. baka wala ka lang masulat na sa tingin mo relevant.

yeng said...

hi guys, i appreciate your effort to make comments that would boost my spirit... tnx for the reminder.. hope to shift my mentality... =)

Designed by Posicionamiento Web | Bloggerized by GosuBlogger